Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Camel Tones to Stave off the Winter Hump

Although I was planning on doing a feature on this Winter's must-have coats, I can't help but give you guys a mini-introduction to the colour that every man and woman alike MUST have in at least one item of outerwear. 
Thom Browne

Okay so imagine it is 2011 around this time of the year. The post-A Level summer fever
has faded and the cold is starting to creep in - whether this is down to the climate or the really crap air conditioning in my university dorm room is anyone's guess. At this point I was yet to make any solid friends - in fact, I was finding it hard to connect with anybody at all. I decided that I could either sit around and mope or I could summon up some courage and go meet people.

I did neither. I bought a coat instead.

For the first time in my life I was seeing more than a grand in my account and by god I was gonna milk this moment! So I
scanned the web for some options and eventually found what would soon become - rather like the apostle, John - my beloved favourite. It is an oversized ASOS coat in camel and it has been through many trials and crusades. A button is missing, a hole in each pocket means I had better trust my trousers to hold my petty cash/oyster/keys and the colour has darkened over time. Nonetheless, this beauty can be thrown over ANYTHING; dresses, jeans, formal trousers, you name it. My mother has been plotting to dispose of it 'by accident' since the dawn of time and I've had a few offers of purchase, flaws and all, but three years on it remains a permanent fixture to my life let alone my wardrobe. Its death should it come (touch wood) will be met with a lengthy period of mourning in which I will wear my black pea-coat with the shoulder pads out of respect.

Merc Harrington
Burberry
My point is, that tones in the camel/tan/nude region are timeless and adaptable to whatever kind of outfit you want to go with no matter your gender.

Paul Smith
Here are some coats and jackets in these shades for men that I would definitely look into getting hold of for yourself or a male friend/partner/sibling.

Burberry
Zara



Gloverall

No comments:

Post a Comment